Lila Thorn Bio
Licensed Real Estate Agent since 1972. Escrow officer for Thorne, Skinner, Thorne, closing office for Allegiance Title Company since 2003. Previous work experience includes branch manager, sales representative and customer service representative for Fidelity National Title, administrative assistant for Prudential Sutherland Real Estate, owner of Kwik Kopy Printing, executive coordinator for Unity Church of Dallas, secretary, farm and ranch real estate sales, and insurance sales.
Lila Thorn is a 1965 graduate of Blackwell High School. Education also includes graduate of Silva Mind Control and Psychorientology, Dale Carnegie Sales Course, Dale Carnegie Human Relations Course, Texas Real Estate Principles I and II, How to Build and Manage Your Team Career Track, In Search of Excellence Career Track, Interline Consultants’ How to Supervise Church Staff and Volunteers, and graduate of Leadership Grand Prairie.
Council Member Lila Thorn was elected in December 2013 in a runoff election to fill a council seat vacancy for District 3, to serve the remaining five months of that term.
- Member of Grand Prairie Rotary
- Board of directors member of LifeLine Shelters for Families Inc.
- Past President of LifeLine Shelter for Families Inc.
- Past board of directors member of Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Past executive board member of the Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Past chair elect and past chair of the board of directors for Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Women's Division of the Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Branding Iron Committee of the Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Past member of Soroptimist
- Commission on Aging 2003-2004
- Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals 2004-2005
- Affiliate member of Grand Prairie Board of Realtors and has served on the Banquet Committee, TRAPAC Committee as chair, Hospitality Committee, Program Committee
Lila and her deceased husband, Former Councilman Bill Thorn, love Grand Prairie and are honored to serve their community.