Jorja Clemson Bio
Jorja Jackson Clemson has been active in her family's business for many years, previously serving as president of Store Service Inc. and currently president of Jorja Clemson Properties LLC.
Jorja is a graduate of Grand Prairie High School. She earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of Texas at Arlington and later received a scholarship to return to study Music Education.
Council Member Clemson was elected to represent District 1 in May 2013. She has served as Mayor Pro Tem, and currently serves on the Finance and Government Committee, the Grand Prairie Sports Corporation, and the Advisory Board for E. Carlyle Smith Jr. Health Center at Grand Prairie. She was honored to serve on the City Council with her mother, Ruthe Jackson, for three months, before Mrs. Ruthe's death in August 2013.
- Current board member and past president of LifeLine Shelter for Families, Inc., serving families of homeless children within the Grand Prairie Independent School District.
- Host of GPTV's "It's Happening in Grand Prairie"
- Past president of Grand Prairie City Council of PTA’s
- Past president of Grand Prairie Arts Council
- Past president of Grand Prairie Woman’s Club
- Founding president of Junior Woman's Club
- Past board of director member of the Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Past board of director member of Young Audiences of Greater Dallas
- Past chairman of the Grand Prairie Library Board
- Founding president of Kids INC (In Need of Clothing)
- Past president of the Grand Prairie High School Alumni Association
- Member of Keep Texas Beautiful
- Board of directors for the GPISD Education Foundation
- Board of directors for Kids INC
- Board of directors of the Great Southwest Industrial District Association
- Board of directors of the E. Carlyle Smith Grand Prairie Parkland Community Hospital
Jorja was named the 2012 Woman of the Year by the Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce, selected as an "Outstanding Young Woman of America" two consecutive years, received the Jeri Fischer Community Service Award from the Grand Prairie Council of PTA’s, and received the Women In History Hall of Fame Award from Soroptomist International of Grand Prairie in 2010. She was awarded Life Membership to the Texas PTA. She was the recipient of Friday Rotary’s Charitable Service Award in 2011.
A lifelong resident of Grand Prairie, Jorja has been married to Dan L. Clemson for 45 years. Three children, Spencer Clemson, Leanna Clemson Garcia and Allison Clemson Allison. Eight grandchildren, Blake Garcia, Cade Garcia, Allie Garcia, Luke Allison, Lane Daniel Allison, Boston Lee Allison, Madison Clemson and Jordan Clemson. A member of CrossPoint Church of Christ with her husband, Jorja has served as a Bible teacher, member of the praise team and on other various committees and projects.