The Grand Prairie Landfill – a service for Grand Prairie residents and businesses – accepts household and commercial solid waste Monday through Saturday during normal operating hours.
Landfill Hours and Closings:
Landfill Open: Monday–Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The landfill closes early at 3 p.m. on the last Thursday of every month and on all the following dates:
- Thursday, January 26, 2017
- Thursday, February 23, 2017
- Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Thursday, August 31, 2017
- Thursday, September 28, 2017
- Thursday, October 26, 2017
- Thursday, November 30, 2017
- Thursday, December 28, 2017
The landfill will be closed for the following holidays:
- Monday, Jan. 1, 2018 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, May 29, 2017 (Memorial Day)
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017 (Independence Day)
- Monday, Sept. 4, 2017 (Labor Day)
- Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Monday, Dec. 25, 2017 (Christmas Day)
Garbage and recyclables will not be collected on: New Year's Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Memorial Day in 2017. There will be no makeup day. Please put your garbage and recycling out on your next scheduled collection day. (See Garbage and Recycling Collection for more information.)
- A current Texas driver's license or I.D. with Grand Prairie address is required (Landfill is a service for Grand Prairie residents or businesses.)
- Residential loads will be allowed one free dump at the landfill once a month with a current water bill (no more than 30 days from due date). Residents will be charged $3 for each additional load they bring to the landfill in the same month.
- No termination notices accepted (bill with Red lines). Must be original water bill; copies are not accepted.
- Paperless customers are allowed one free dump per month with a Texas driver's license or I.D with Grand Prairie address and their water bill account number. (Paperless customers are people who receive no monthly water bill in the mail).
- Loads from apartments or other residences that do not receive curbside or alley collection of residential waste will not be eligible for a free load and will charged at commercial rates.
- Commercial customers will be charged $32 per ton.
- All commercial/business loads/trips: $32/ton.
- Auto and pickup truck tires: $1 per tire up to four tires per visit.
- Truck Tires: $5 per tire up to two tires per visit.
- Tractor Tires: $10 per tire up to one tire per visit.
- Electronics Visit Computer Recycling.
- Livestock: $15 per animal.
- Soil (not contaminated): Free!
What can I drop off at the Landfill?
You may drop off items such as metals, wood/brush, concrete, tires*, electronics, aluminum, fencing and large items such as refrigerators, sofas, televisions*, etc.
*There may be a fee associated with dropping off these items (Landfill fees listed above).
What is prohibited at the Landfill?
The following wastes are prohibited from disposal at the Grand Prairie Landfill:
- Lead acid batteries
- Used oil filters
- Tires (unless quartered)
- Other regulated wastes
What do I do with household hazardous wastes?
Household hazardous wastes (such as bleach, aerosol cans, cooking oil, paint and thinners, medications, landscape and pool chemicals, fluorescent lights, used motor oil and filters, automotive and household batteries, etc.) are not allowed at the Landfill.
Special household hazardous waste drop-off events are scheduled several times a year free of charge for Grand Prairie residents. Sign up for the next Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day in Grand Prairie.
Grand Prairie residents also have the option of taking household hazardous waste to the Environmental Collection Center (ECC) in Fort Worth (6400 Bridge St. near I-30 and Loop 820). For more information call the ECC at 817-392-3279.