How to Recycle Electronics
The City of Grand Prairie offers residents the following free options for recycling electronics:
- Residents may take electronic waste to the Grand Prairie Landfill (1102 MacArthur Blvd.) for recycling during normal operating hours; or
- Residents may take electronic waste to one of the upcoming electronics recycling events scheduled throughout the year at the Grand Prairie Development Center (206 W. Church St.). Space is limited and registration is required: Register online or call 972-237-4578.
NOT Accepted Items
Other Recycling Options for Electronics
Most electronics can be recycled through the following companies:
- AOK Computer Recycling in Dallas (214-616-6909)
- DFW Reclaimers in Watauga (817-291-1067)
- GEEP Internationalin Grand Prairie (972-602-2917)
- Amazon, Best Buy, and Staples have trade-in and recycling programs.
Cell phones can often be recycled through your phone service provider, or donated to Cell Phones for Soldiers
All computer manufacturers are required to offer recycling options for equipment they produce. Instead of bringing computers to the landfill, citizens can recycle for free through the computer manufacturer.
View list of local computer recycling locations (PDF) in Grand Prairie and the surrounding area.
Use the Texas Recycles Computers Program to search by computer brand to find recycling options for personal or home business computer equipment.
Televisions can be dropped off at the Grand Prairie Landfill free of charge for residents who bring the top portion of their current water bill. Residents can also go to TexasRecyclesTVs.org to find options for television recycling, either by brand name or through the Recycling Leadership Program that accepts any brand of television.