For the convenience of the residents of Grand Prairie, the city operates a Limb and Brush Pickup Program. This once a month service provides curbside pickup of tree limbs and brush that are not cut and bundled and are not eligible for collection by the city's weekly garbage collection.
This program is intended for brush and limbs up to 10 inches in diameter—not entire trees. Larger limbs and tree trunks should be hauled off by a contractor at the customer’s expense. Note that this is a residential program and does not include commercial properties.
This is a year round program that services areas of the city on a monthly rotation basis. This is done during a designated week each month, according to geographical zones, rotating from north to south, week by week.
View the Limb and Brush Pickup Map (PDF) or use the interactive map below:
Placement and Pickup
Brush must be placed at the curb (roadside if no curb) no earlier than 1 week before the scheduled pickup in your area. You must have the brush on the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. on the Monday of your designated week. Due to the size of our equipment and obstructions, we cannot pick up in alleys.
On Mondays the designated zone will be inspected to locate residents who require brush pick up. The brush crew will then be in that zone for the entire designated week to make pickups at those locations. Brush is picked up in cycle only; no appointments accepted. (See Limb and Brush Pickup Schedule and Map to determine your zone and designated week.)
Weather Note: For up to one month, after wind and/or ice storms that may cause unusually large volumes of brush, the schedule will likely be disrupted and brush may be placed for pick up at any time without penalty.
Standard Brush Pickup Fees
- Residents receive 1 FREE BRUSH PICKUP EACH MONTH to a maximum of 5 cubic yards.
If a resident has an oversized brush pile, a notice will be placed on the front door. The resident is then given 24 hours in which to sign the notice and contact the City at 972-237-8525. If you do not respond to the notice within 24 hours, the resident will have a 3 day period to remove the brush pile from the curb, or be subject to City Code violations.
Important Facts to Know
- Brush must be neatly piled (not scattered) at least 2 feet from utility poles, trees, gas and water meters, fire hydrants, fences, mailboxes, sprinkler heads, and any other obstacle that would prevent collection.
- Brush will not be picked up if parked vehicles or other obstructions are present.
- Brush cannot at any time obstruct any city sidewalk, right-of-way, or view of oncoming traffic.
- Residents can be fined if brush is left at the curbside for an extended amount of time.
- The maximum size allowed for the free brush pickup is 5 cubic yards. This measures approximately 8'x 6' x 5' tall (about the size of a small car).
- Brush includes tree limbs up to 10 inches in diameter, shrubs, other parts of shrubs and trees. Please note that this program is intended to assist residents with brush clippings and is not intended for the removal of entire large trees or branches over 10” in diameter, which must be done by a contractor at the property owner’s/resident’s expense.
- Grass clippings, leaves, stumps, root balls, weeds, flowers, wire, fencing, plastic bags, or other foreign materials set out with the brush will not be picked up.
City's Weekly Garbage Collection
In order for your regular weekly garbage, Republic Services, to pick up your brush, it must be bundled into maximum 6-foot lengths, no larger than 1 cubic yard. Bagged leaves and shrubs will be collected, but NO grass clippings are allowed. Bundles and bags cannot exceed 50 lbs. each. Maximum number of bags that will be collected is 2-3. Place the bundles next to your household garbage.