City of Grand Prairie Auto Auction
The first Wednesday of each month
Grand Prairie Auto Impound
Hours of Operation:
Removal of property from vehicles or to view vehicles is only permitted 7a.m. - 4p.m. daily
Time: 1 p.m., preview 2 p.m., auction until all sold
Payment: Letter of Guarantee, Cash, Credit Cards (Master Card, Visa, Discover Card)
The Grand Prairie Police Department is responsible for the impounding of vehicles due to traffic accidents, hazards, junk vehicles, arrests, auto accidents and other miscellaneous reasons.
Vehicle auctions are held on the first Wednesday of each month. Registration and viewing of vehicles for auction begins at 1 p.m. Bidding begins at 2 p.m. Vehicle auctions are held at the auto impound facility, 3010 Hardrock Road, Grand Prairie. A valid driver's license is required to bid. Terms are cash, cashiers check, visa, mastercard.
- You must be 17 yrs and older to be permitted on the lot.
- You must show a valid driver's license or id at time of registration.
- All vehicles are sold as is.
- All sales are final.
- All bids must be paid for that same day by 5 p.m.
- We accept cash, cashiers checks, Master Card, Visa, and a personal check accompanied by a bank letter of guarantee.
- All vehicles must be removed by that Friday at 6 p.m.
- The auction is held by Rene Bates Auctioneers and vehicles are sold to the highest bidder.
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. - 7 days a week
To view or remove articles from vehicles is only permitted: 7a.m. - 4p.m. daily
You must be the registered owner or be able to prove ownership in one of the following manners:
- Title or Bill of Sale
- Property release from the jail from the registered owner or accompanied by proof of ownership.
- A notarized letter from the registered owner.
- Must have a valid driver's license or picture ID.
- Must have valid insurance to drive car off lot.
Property from within an impounded vehicle or to view an impounded vehicle:
7 a.m. - 4 p.m. - 7 days a week
- Must prove ownership.
- Must be done between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Must have a valid driver's license or picture identification.
Please call for fee information. 972-237-4100