The Santa Cop and Santa Spot programs are collecting new, unwrapped toys and non-perishable food items for Grand Prairie families in need during the holidays.
Toys and non-perishable food items will be accepted throughout November.
Donation boxes are available at the following locations:
- Station #1, 321 W. Main, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- Station #2, 3102 Bowles, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- Station #3, 1702 Robinson Rd., Grand Prairie, TX 75051
- Station #4, 1502 Duncan Perry, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- Station #5, 3202 S. Great Southwest, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
- Station #6, 602 Stonewall, Grand Prairie, TX 75051
- Station #7, Lake Parks Rescue Facility, 5610 Lake Ridge Parkway, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
- Station #8, 3017 Roy Orr Blvd., Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- Station #9, 315 E. Polo Rd., Grand Prairie, Tx 75052
- Public Safety Building, 1525 Arkansas Lane, Grand Prairie, Tx 75052
- City Hall, 317 W. College St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- GP Credit Union, 209 N Center St, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- Development Center, 206 W. Church St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- Grand Prairie ISD Transportation and Maintenance Facilities, 514 Skyline Road, Grand Prairie, TX 75051
Santa Cop is especially in need of teenager appropriate gifts (purses, wallets, hand held electronic games, makeup, hair care products, etc.).
To make a cash donation, call 972-237-8882. All donations are tax deductible as Santa Cop is a IRS registered charitable organization.
Teams of volunteers will begin sorting food 6-9 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning Monday, Nov. 16, 2015, and packing gift boxes beginning Monday, Nov. 30, 2015. For volunteer information, call 972-237-8882. Deliveries will take place Dec. 14 and Dec. 15, 2015.
Families needing assistance are nominated by Grand Prairie police officers, firefighters, city employees or Grand Prairie ISD counselors. Santa Cop does not accept families who are signed up for other similar programs.