Protect yourself, your family and your community by registering with the Eagle Eye Camera Program!
Eagle-Eye is the Grand Prairie Police Department's newest crime prevention and investigation tool.
The goal of the Eagle-Eye program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Grand Prairie Police Department and the community we serve.
Citizen-provided security camera footage is increasingly becoming an invaluable asset to GPPD, helping establish leads and identify perpetrators. Surveillance videos recorded by cameras owned by residents and business owners have resulted in the arrests of numerous criminals. Eagle-Eye is your opportunity to make the neighborhood in which you live and work a safer place for the entire community. Registering your camera not only helps deter crime, but assists the Department in its overall crime prevention strategy in your neighborhood.
All Eagle-Eye information is kept confidential.
Residents and business owners who currently have cameras or are looking to purchase cameras can complete three easy steps to register their cameras with Eagle-Eye.
1) Registering: It only takes minutes. You will provide basic information for example, how many cameras you have.
2) Verification: Once you have completed the registration and verification process, you should receive an automated response verifying your registration.
3) Call of Duty: You will be contacted by the Grand Prairie Police Department if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your camera. Police personnel, if necessary, may request a copy of the video that was captured by your camera to assist in the investigation of a crime.
By voluntarily registering your contact information with GPPD, detectives will know how to reach you if a crime occurs in the vicinity of your property. Registering your information does not provide GPPD with direct access to your camera. The Grand Prairie Police Department will only contact you if they believe your camera could contain evidence relevant to a criminal investigation. Evidence provided by your camera could mean the difference between bringing a perpetrator to justice versus leaving a crime unsolved.
The goal of the Eagle-Eye program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Grand Prairie Police Department and the communities we serve. Accordingly, all Eagle-Eye registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
1) Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Grand Prairie Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
2) If necessary, the Grand Prairie Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
3) Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the City of Grand Prairie and/or the Grand Prairie Police Department through the Eagle-Eye program.
4) Under no circumstances shall the Grand Prairie Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.