Codes currently in use: 2015 IBC, 2015 IPC, 2015 IF&G, 2015 IMC, 2015 IEC, 2015 IRC, 2014 NEC
Prior to issuance of any building permit a subdivision plat is required if land is not subdivided and a portion of the original tract has been sold or if right-of way is required.
If it is determined by the Planning & Zoning department that a plat, specific use permit, zoning change, or site plan will be required, approval of same must be granted prior to permit issuance.
Due to state legislation (Senate Bill 5, 77th Texas Legislature), as of June 1, 2002 the City of Grand Prairie is enforcing the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code. Two copies of an energy code compliance form completed by a certified Commercial Energy Plans Examiner must be submitted with all commercial building permit applications.
This municipality can not accept an application for a construction permit with an estimated construction cost of $50,000.00 or more unless the applicant can provide proof of submission to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation for review of compliance with the Texas Accessibility Standards. (Texas Civil Statues, Article 9102 effective June 17, 2001)
NON-RESIDENTIAL PERMITS WILL REQUIRE SUBMISSION OF THE FOLLOWING:
Two (2) sets of construction plans – One paper and one digital (USB or CD)
1. Architectural, structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical plans.
2. Foundation plans.
3. Floor plan showing each room, proposed use, square footage of each area and exits.
4. Wall section and elevations.
5. Roof framing plan.
6. Engineer's seal and signatures are required on structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical plans for buildings larger than 5,000 sq. ft. and required on structural plans regardless of size for all metal buildings.
7. Site plan drawn to scale showing:
a. Property lines
b. Locations or proposed building
c. Location of all existing or proposed buildings and the existing and/or intended use
d. Existing easements
e. Building dimensions
f. Parking spaces, drive/approach and maneuvering area dimensions
g. Legal description
h. Proposed drainage
i. Parking lot proposed construction specifications
8. A letter signed and sealed by an Engineer or Architect stating that "The foundation was designed to soil conditions found at the proposed site location and that the building to be located at ______was designed to conform to the 2015 International Building, Plumbing and Mechanical Codes, the 2015 International Energy Code and the 2014 National Electrical Code for Type ______ Construction & Group/Division ______ Occupancy; and that an Architect, Engineer or designee will conduct site inspections as necessary to assure compliance with the approved design plans.
REMODEL OR INTERIOR FINISH OUT PERMITS WILL REQUIRE SUBMISSION OF THE FOLLOWING:
Two (2) sets of construction plans – One paper copy and one digital copy (USB or CD)
1. Plot plan showing off-street parking, existing building and address key.
2. Floor plan showing each room, proposed use, square footage of each area and exits.
3. Wall section of interior partitions or specs.
4. Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical plans.