Upcoming Spray Areas
The City of Grand Prairie reports one West Nile Virus positive mosquito sample and will ground spray on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017, and Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017, depending on weather conditions, starting at 9 p.m.
This area is bound by Nottingham Place on the north, Ravenwood Drive on the east, Postbridge Drive on the south, and Prince John Drive on the west.
What happens if my neighborhood is sprayed?
Residents in an area scheduled to be sprayed are advised to stay indoors, keep pets inside, and cover fish ponds during those times. Spraying will be rescheduled if wind speeds are above 10 mph or in the event of rain.
All Grand Prairie residents are asked to help eliminate the areas that mosquitoes need to breed by emptying, removing or covering any receptacle that can hold water.
To prevent mosquito bites, residents are advised to use an insect repellent containing at least 30 percent DEET (lower concentration for children) and stay indoors at dawn and dusk.
Mosquito Spraying News Releases
- West Nile Press Release 08-23-17
- West Nile Press Release 8-16-17
- West Nile Press Release 8-9-17
- West Nile Press Release 8-2-17
- West Nile Press Release 7-26-17
- West Nile Press Release 07-07-17
- West Nile Press Release 7-20-17
- Travel-related Zika Virus Press Release 05-11-17
- West Nile Press Release 04-27-17
- West Nile Press Release 05-18-17