To qualify for a Texas Department of Insurance 5% premium reduction certificate your home must meet the following guidelines.
- EXTERIOR DOORS: Must be solid core wood or metal clad, 1 3/8” thick and secured by a dead-bolt lock. This also includes the passage door from the house to the garage.
- LOCKS: Deadbolt locks must lock with a minimum bolt throw of one inch, which penetrates a metal striker plate. There also need to be 3” screws attaching the strike plate.
- DOUBLE DOORS: Must meet the specifications for exterior doors and have an inactive door secured by header and threshold bolts that penetrate a metal striker plate.
- SLIDING GLASS DOORS: Must be secured by a secondary locking device that prevents lifting and prying.
- WINDOWS: Must be secured by an auxiliary locking device or be drilled and pinned.
- GARAGE DOORS: Must be secured by a locking device or have a garage door opener installed.
To qualify for an additional 15% premium reduction certificate you must have an alarm system that meets the following criteria in addition to the above listed requirements:
- ALARM SYSTEM: All exterior openings must be connected to the alarm system, system must have an interior and exterior siren installed, be UL approved and monitored by a UL approved company. (All exterior windows, doors, and garage doors.)
For an appointment contact a Crime Prevention Officer:
|Officer Joe Wood||
|Officer Greg New||