Emergency Management Department
- Monitors weather for flash floods, violent storms and tornadoes.
- Establishes emergency shelters for disasters i.e. tornadoes or floods.
- Operates Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during disasters to coordinate and maintain essential city services.
View current weather conditions and forecast for Grand Prairie, Texas, via the Online Weather Center powered by WeatherBug.
Additional Weather/Emergency Links:
- The Weather Channel Map for Grand Prairie, Texas (for public use)
- www.KnoWhat2Do.com (for public use)
- Weather Data (city staff use, password protected)
- Outdoor Warning Siren System
- NOAA Weather All Hazards Radio
- Grand Prairie Police Department
- Grand Prairie Fire Department
View resources on how to prepare for a wide range of emergencies.
View information on how to prepare and plan for possible hazards including severe storms, tornadoes, public health emergencies, hail, flooding, extreme temperatures, hazardous materials incidents, winter storms, utility failure, wildfires, energy/fuel shortage, lightning, etc.
Access links to NIMS-related courses offered online by the Emergency Management Institute.
Founded in 1952, the Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES) is a public service provided by a reserve (volunteer) communications group within government agencies in times of extraordinary need.