The ornament series was created by Janice England, wife of retired Mayor Charles England, as a way to celebrate Grand Prairie and raise funds for local charities. Proceeds benefit the Lone Star Charitable Foundation, which grants money to Grand Prairie charities.
Available for $10 each (at City Hall, 317 College St.), discounted from their original price of $15 each, are ornaments from 2004 to 2013. (The 2007 "Uptown Theater," 2008 "Prairie Lights," 2009 "Centennial" and 2013 "Celebrate Peace" ornaments are sold out.)
Annual Holiday Ornaments
Updated on 08/11/2015 1:33 PM
The city's annual custom-designed holiday ornament benefits the Lone Star Charitable Foundation, which grants money to Grand Prairie charities.
- Hand made by Rebecca Jensen, the 2014 ornament is a cone shape with branches, pennants, glitter and cloth.
- Celebrate Peace (Sold Out): Hand made by Rebecca Jensen, using recycled books, glitter and tinsel.
- All that is Great in Grand Prairie: Designed by Janice England, celebrating Grand Prairie's entertainment venues, parks, lake, fire and police, families, airport, Farmer's Market, Uptown Theater, and Prairie Paws.
- Farmers Market: Paying tribute to the Grand Prairie Farmers Market.
- Central Park: Tribute to Grand Prairie's Central Park, available in silver or gold.
- Starry Nights: An elegant gold decoration featuring the gorgeous night sky filled with stars.
- I Love Grand Prairie: Tucked away within the three-dimensional gold filigree scrolls are stars and hearts, signifying Texas and Grand Prairie.
- 2004 Ornament: Lone Star Park Breeder's Cup. The inaugural ornament recognizes the pageantry and celebration of the Breeder's Cup with elements representing the state of Texas, Breeder's Cup, Lone Star Park and the city, encircled by a ribbon of stars and stripes cradled within a grid of longitude and latitudes. 2004- "Lone Star Park Breeder's Cup": The inaugural ornament recognizes the pageantry and celebration of the Breeder's Cup. It features elements representing the state of Texas, Breeder's Cup, Lone Star Park and the city.
Communications and Marketing Department Contact Info
317 W College St.
P.O. Box 534045
Grand Prairie, TX 75053
E-Mail Communications Staff