Free tools are loaned to any resident who needs them to cleanup and beautify their property or to do a project that will benefit a senior or a public space.
Lawnmowers, weed eaters, trash bags, gas powered chainsaws, tillers and other tools are available. Our code officers carry the Tool Depot applications with them and provide a copy to residents when they leave a hand notice (warning) or citation. And delivery is even an option for residents who do not have a way to pick up the tools.
Tool Depot Rules
- Borrower must be a Grand Prairie resident.
- Borrower must be at least 18 years old.
- Borrower must sign a Liability Release.
- Reserve tool(s) in advance (min. 7 days).
- Return tools within 7 days of checkout.
- Complete a Tool Depot Check-Out Form.
- Borrower must receive training for power tools.
- Only use provided fuel mix for gas-powered saws and weed eaters.
- Borrower must receive/wear protective gear for chain/pole saws.
- Keep tools in a secure location.
- Return in tools in good condition.
- Report any malfunction and/or damage.
- Lawnmowers and weed eaters can be checked out a maximum of 4 times per residence per year, as this program is not intended to enable residents to avoid such purchases by borrowing the tools on an ongoing basis, but rather to help residents until they can get one, or get theirs repaired.
- Failure to adhere to these rules may result in termination of the borrower’s eligibility to check out tools from the Tool Depot.