Cranberry Pulled Pork
Return to full list >>
- 2 lbs boneless pork roast (shoulder or leg)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 c cranberry juice (100% pure)
- 1 c broth or stock
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 c cranberries
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot flour plus ¼ c water (optional)
- Sprinkle pork with salt. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown pork on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes until onion is soft. Stir in thyme, cranberry juice, broth, maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a gentle boil and then pour over meat in the slow cooker. Add the cranberries to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5.
- Pour liquid from slow cooker into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Optional at this point is to whisk together the arrowroot flour and cold water. Then pour into the cranberry mixture. Cook and stir until thickened, around 1 minute.
- With two forks, shred the pork in the slow cooker. Pour ½ to ¾ of a cup of cranberry mixture from the sauce pan back into the slow cooker and mix with the pulled pork before serving.
- Pour remaining sauce into a serving dish and serve as a condiment alongside the pulled pork.
Source: Eat Health Trive