Crab and Avocado Salad
Return to full list >>
- Kosher Salt
- ½ pound haricots verts or green beans, halved
- 2/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ pound lump or claw crabmeat
- 1 Hass avocado, halved pitted and diced
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 ½ cups whole-meat croutons
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the haricots verts and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Puree the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, basil and anchovies in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the crabmeat, half of the avocado and about 1 tablespoon of the yogurt dressing in a small bowl. Toss the romaine, croutons, haricots verts and the remaining avocado with the remaining dressing in a large bowl.
- Divide the romaine salad among plates, top with the tomatoes and place some of the crab mixture in the center.
Source: Food Network