New Development Update
Panera Bread and R-Taco opened on Feb. 8 on the southeast corner of South Carrier and Westchase Drive, on pad sites carved into the parking lot the former United Artists movie theater. One other pad will also house a new Starbucks, which is set to open in March 2017.
IKEA is opening 290,000-square foot store east of SH 161 at Mayfield Road north of Interstate 20. Opening is scheduled for November 2017. Read More
Construction continues on a new Walmart store east of SH 161 between Arkansas and Pioneer Parkway. The store is scheduled to open in 2017. A Panda Express Restaurant is scheduled to open in 2017 on SH 161 near the new Walmart.
Sonic plans to build a new restaurant on Camp Wisdom Road east of Magna Carta Boulevard.
A new Whataburger restaurant will open in summer 2017 on Belt Line and Interstate 30, just east of QT.
Pollo Regio is constructing a new restaurant on the east side of South Carrier Parkway north of I-20.
Hyatt Place will open a new 100-room hotel on I-20 and Hilton Tru will open a new 98-room hotel on North SH 360 by 2018. Staybridge will construct a 112-room hotel on Lake Ridge south of I-20.
Methodist Health System plans to open a new Convenient Care Campus at Polo and Lake Ridge by 2018.
Emerus will open a 103,891-square-foot community hospital by 2018 on Kingswood Boulevard east of SH 360.
First Choice Emergency Room will open a new 6,950-square-foot facility on the southwest corner of Jefferson and South Carrier Parkway in 2017.
A new 3,700-square-foot medical office building will be constructed at Carrier Parkway and Desco and is scheduled to be complete in 2017.
Retail strip centers are planned to open in 2017 at the following locations:
- East side of SH 360 north of Camp Wisdom – 7,200 square feet
- Carrier Parkway, 950 S. Carrier Parkway – 17,000 square feet
- West Jefferson Street west of SW 3rd St. – 3,750 square feet
- South side of West Pioneer Parkway west of Carrier Parkway – 15,206 square feet
Victory at Lake Ridge will open by 2018 with 21,600 square feet of retail and restaurants at Lake Ridge and Camp Wisdom.
Family Dollar will open an 8,320-square-foot store in 2017 on the east side of South Belt Line Road just south of Marshall Drive.
Industrial/warehouse space under construction:
- Grand Lakes 4 Warehouse, 4025 E. I-30 – 179,063 square feet, open in 2017
- Trinity Hearth & Home, 2937 N. SH 161 – 58,300 square feet, open in 2017
- Wildlife Commerce Park Buildings 4,5,6, west side of North Beltline Road across from Lone Star Park – 555,160 square feet, open by 2018
- MacArthur Crossing – MacArthur and Gifford St., 509,735 square feet, open by 2018
- National Stone Management, 804 W. Shady Grove – 24,800 square feet, open in 2017
Single-Family development underway:
- Greenway Trails, FM 661 north of US 287, 611 residential lots – opening in 2017
- La Jolla Phase 2, England Parkway and Arlington Webb Britton Road, 106 residential lots – opening in 2017
- La Jolla Phase 3, England Parkway and Arlington Webb Britton Road, 80 residential lots – opening in 2017
- Lakeway Estates, Seeton Road, 57 residential lots – opening in 2017
- Lake Forest Addition, Doryn Drive, 33 residential lots – opening in 2017
- Versaille Estates, Arlington Webb Britton Road, 35 residential lots – opening in 2017
Multi-Family projects planned or underway:
- Lake Ridge apartments and retail, 7500 Lake Ridge Parkway – opening in 2018
- The Reserve, 3090 Outlet Parkway – 247 units opening in 2017
- The Quadrangles, 2755 W. I-20 – 337 units opening in 2017
- Winding Creek, 2250 Sara Jane Parkway – 353 units opening in 2018
- Aura at Southgate, 3655 Prairie Waters Dr. – 352 units opening in 2017
- The Enclave Phase 2, 2629 Grand Peninsula – 112 units opening by 2018
Grand Central, the area at State Highway 161 between Arkansas Lane and Warrior Trail, includes several projects under construction:
- The EPIC, a 120,000-square-foot “life changing center” will feature multi-purpose courts with built-in seating, a grand atrium with high-tech library, theater, recording studio, large fitness center, second floor track and unique adventure track, artist studio, culinary arts room, culinary arts theater, youth game room, indoor lap and resistance pool, an outdoor amphitheater, and more located southwest of the city’s Public Safety Building. Website: JoinTheEpic.com
- Epic Waters, a second component, will be a large indoor water park with retractable roof, which will include an arcade, party rooms and fun for all ages. Epic Waters will feature rides that have never been featured in the southwest, including Texas' first double Flow Rider Surfing Machine.
Watch: Final trusses installed January 24, 2017
- PlayGrand Adventures, the third component, will be a 10-acre all-inclusive outdoor playground for all ages and abilities, including children with physical, mental or emotional challenges. PlayGrand Adventures will be a destination for children throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area.