Springtime Fun at Grand Prairie Farmers Market
GRAND PRAIRIE – The Grand Prairie Farmers Market, 120 W. Main St., has a lineup of upcoming events that are sure to interest all ages. Throughout May, Farmers Market will feature programs to educate and entertain foodies, gardeners, crafters, animal lovers and more. Check out the May schedule below.
Saturday, May 3
- The 27th annual Cinco de Mayo celebration will take place right next door to Market Square at City Hall Plaza, 317 College St. Farmers Market sits in the middle of the Cinco de Mayo parade route, and the celebrations will spill over into Market Square. The festival will include free entertainment, Grand Prairie ISD performers, mariachi bands, folklorico dancers and vocalists. There will also be bounce houses, authentic Tex-Mex cuisine and plenty of arts and crafts to entertain all ages.
Saturday, May 10
- DFW residents will have the chance to talk with Congressman Marc Veasey, who represents parts of Grand Prairie in Congressional District 33. The meet and greet will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
Saturday, May 17
- Grand Prairie High School’s Jazz Band will hold a live performance on Market Square’s plaza. The show will begin at noon.
Saturday, May 24
- Grand Prairie Horticulturist Susan Henson will host an annuals gardening class at 11:30 a.m. Come learn how to spruce up your yard for spring.
- Millar’s Grill will be featured in the Restaurant Showcase at 10:30 a.m. Samples, coupons and other goodies from the newly restored Grand Prairie classic will be available.
Saturday, May 31
- In honor of Craft Day at Farmers Market, an array of craft vendors will be on the lawn at Market Square. Farmers Market’s complete roster of craft and food vendors will also be on-site and open for business.
- Farmers Market celebrates Adopt-A-Pet day. Grand Prairie Animal Shelter’s Waggin’ Wagon will be at Market Square from 8-11 a.m. The air-conditioned and heated trailer will have up to 21 cats and dogs available for adoption. All dogs and kittens on the trailer will cost $35, and cats aged one-year-old and older will be FREE. Most animals will be sterilized and have their rabies vaccination. Waggin’ Wagon employees will accept cash, checks and all credit cards except American Express as payment for the adopted pets.
The Grand Prairie Farmers Market features locally grown fruits and vegetables, meats, honey, pasta, spices, tamales, candles, soaps and much more. The market is open every Saturday, March to December, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information about the Farmers Market, call 972-237-4599.