Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful is a program within the City of Grand Prairie's Solid Waste and Recycling Division that focuses on the three main pillars of Keep Texas Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful: litter prevention, recycling, and beautification. KGPB partners with the local school district and local businesses as well as scout troops and other volunteer groups to help make Grand Prairie the cleanest, greenest, most beautiful place to live, work, and play.
Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful Commission
The KGPB Commission meets monthly, supporting the goals of Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful.
Initiatives include beautification, education, community gardening, litter prevention and recycling, and partnerships with businesses and schools.
Register and sign up for volunteer opportunities.
Free ShadeMakers Community Forestry Classes
Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful presents free ShadeMakers Community Forestry classes!
When: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 27, and 2-5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 28.
Where: Grand Prairie Development Center, 205 W. Church St.
- Good Native Trees for Grand Prairie Soils
- How to Plant, Prune and Care for Your Trees
- Tree Diseases
- NeighborWoods Program: Free Trees for Neighborhoods
- KGPB’s Tool Lending Depot
- City of Grand Prairie StreetScaping Program
- KGPB Tree Farm Project
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Training by International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborists.
- Refreshments provided for registered participants on Saturday.
- Participants who complete and attend all three sessions will receive a free pruning tool and a free T-shirt.
Call Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful at 972-237-8152. State that you’re interested in the ShadeMaker’s Classes and leave your name and phone number on the voicemail), or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org