Submit Your Event
City posts events open to the public. Submit your event for the community calendar using the event submission form.
FIT for Health
FIT: Families in Training
- Date: 01/18/2018 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Betty Warmack Library
760 Bardin Rd.
Grand Prairie, Texas 75052
- Introduction: Free nutrition and health series for families with children 6-12 years old
FIT for Health Program
Thursdays, from 4-6 p.m. at the Warmack Library
The YMCA offers a free nutrition and health program for families with children 6-12 years of age consisting of 11 group sessions that meet once a week for 1.5 hours. Each session consists of a physical activity and a nutritional education portion for the families. For early registration or questions, please contact Julio Abonza at 469-515-5763 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 18: Introduction and Registration Forms
- January 25: Run In (Physical Activity & Nutrition
- February 1: Goal Setting
- February 8: Energy Balance
- February 15: Communication
- February 22: Portion Distortion
- March 1: Screen Time & Family Meetings
- March 8: Junk Food, Fast Food & Soda
- March 15: Spring Break
- March 22: Social Support and Communication
- March 29: Slipping Up
- April 5: Potluck Celebration and Review