Submit Your Event
City posts events open to the public. Submit your event for the community calendar using the event submission form.
Positive Parenting: Children and Bullying
- Date: 09/11/2017 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Main Library
901 Conover Drive
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
- Introduction: Presented by Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.
- September 11: Children and Bullying
The Allen Adventure is a fun story about an alien who comes to school on Earth and has to learn how to get along with other people. The story is a starting point for parents and caregivers to talk about some important social and emotional skills. For children ages 3-8.
- October 16: Your Body Belongs to You
Your Body Belongs to You is an interactive workshop for parents and children ages 3-5 years old to learn about setting boundaries and personal privacy. Includes circle time reading, discussion with dolls and a coloring activity.
- November 13: Cyber Safety This workshop provides awareness and prevention education on internet safety for parents of youth. It will raise awareness of cyber bullying, risks of youth when on social media, and raise awareness of “ghosts” undetectable apps that youth are using on their cell phone.